Please fill out the form below to send us an email.
How to find us
The lodge is located on the beach in Punta Burica, about 17 kilometers south of the town of Puerto Armuelles, Latitude 8. 06. 895 NORTH, Longitude 82. 52. 036 WEST.
From David to Hooken on Panama lodge
- Pan-American Hwy
- From here it is 4 lanes for 55kms to a border town called Paso Canoa
- There is 1 border check-point right before Paso Canoa.
- (They may ask for your passport)
- Once you reach Paso Canoa it looks like you are going through a huge barn
- (This is the border check to go into Costa Rica)
- DON’T GO THROUGH THE BARN; TAKE A LEFT JUST BEFORE BAR
- You will go through a small town don’t be discouraged, just a old border town
- From Paso Canoa it is a 2 lane paved road to Puerto Armuelles about 34 kms
- Nice drive but watch for pedestrians and bikers they love the road
- There is 1 more border check between Paso Canoa and Puerto Armuelles it is in the town Cuervito
- When you get to Puerto Armuelles you will come to a Y with a TEXACO STATION stay to the right
- You will make a few bends and curves just stay on main road.
- (NOW THE FUN STUFF)
- After you make a sharp bend to the Right there is a statue of a Dolphin and a Clam Shell
- TAKE IMMEDIATE LEFT AFTER THE DOLPHIN AND CLAM SHELL
- ½ block take the first Right at TODO A DOLAR STORE (Do not go straight it is one way and no signs)
- A few blocks down you will come to somewhat of a T in the road maybe a Stop sign take a Right
- This road goes straight through the old Plantation Houses.
- At the stop sign take a Right
- Take 2nd Left
- Go 2 blocks and take a Right at stop sign
- It will soon bend to the Left with Ball Park on Right keep going
- Road will turn into a dirt road only for 5kms
- 2 metal bridges with some muddy spots but don’t worry it has a good foundation.
- You will reach a guarded gate. (They may ask for passports).
- They will give you a pass to get through the terminal.
- There is no stopping or taking photo’s while going through terminal.
- At the other end of the terminal there is another guarded gate where you give them your pass.
- After the terminal the road is all paved 11kms to our Location
- At the Lodge you will see a sign Hooked on Panama with a Marlin
- Our drive Y’s off to the Left between sign and main road
- You will pass 1st building (workers quarters) and go straight to Restaurant
- We will be awaiting your arrival. Drive safe, take your time and enjoy the ride.